Week 2: Un-assigned note

Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon 
Pages: 1-306 

After reading a little bit about Nicola Yoon, I discovered that she is Jamaican and married to an Asian man. In the book Everything, Everything Maddy is supposed to be multicultured with her mother being Asian and her deceased father was African American.  Lately, I've been reading another book by Yoon called The Sun is Also a Star where the two main characters are actually Asian and Jaimacan. I think Yoon likes to include aspects of her life in the novels. I like how she made the books a little more personal and included multiracial relationships. Based on the pictures I have seen from Everything, Everything it appears that the Maddys race is changed. This may be because it was hard to cast an Asian- African American actress but I find that also interesting. The movie casted an African American woman to play her mother as well.The character of Olly was always white but he was supposed to have a buzzed haircut. I have yet to see the movie and im not sure if I will because I often get disappointed by movies after reading the book. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 8: Quick Burst

Week 7: Analytical

Week 8: Quote